Click on the bear hunt tab at the top of the page for more information and call 800-801-4080 to book your hunt now.
You MUST bring ANY old hunting license you have from America with you in order to be issued a Canadian Hunting license. It’s the law here!
Questions & Reservations
Call Joe or Paula @ 1-800-801-4080
Coming into Canada
- Handguns are illegal in Canada.
- Radar Detectors are illegal in Canada.
- Each adult person is permitted to bring 1 carton of cigarettes and 1 case of beer or 40 oz. bottle of liquor. If you wish to bring more, you must declare it when crossing the border and pay duty on the extra amount.
- You can bring any reasonable amount of food to be used on your vacation.
- Your archery equipment, rifles and shotguns are permitted.
- ATV users MUST wear a helmet in Canada and must be able to show proof of Insurance if requested.
Deposits and Reservations
After you have selected your trip and the dates of your choice, please call us to make your reservation. Fifty percent of the price of your trip is required as a deposit and is non-refundable in the event you cancel your trip later.* Only money orders are accepted for deposits and no reservations will be held for more than two weeks without receipt of deposit. The full balance of your account is due in cash, money order, or traveler’s checks upon arrival. We cannot accept credit cards or personal checks. The person making the reservation is responsible for payment in full, so do not overbook.
* Because of demand, Grouse Hunt reservation fees must be paid in full when reserved.
Call of the North is located on the bay of Wild Goose Lake, 150 miles northeast of Thunder Bay, Ontario, on Highway 11, 15 miles west of Geraldton, Ontario; a gold mining and pulpwood community with a variety of shops, food markets, medical facilities, golf course and an airport. The area population is under 1,500 and consists of Ojibwa and Cree Indians, Canadians, European and French people that all speak in their native tongue as well as English.
A flight to Thunder Bay, Ontario, 150 miles south-west of us, would be the most economic means of air transportation. Both Air Canada and Northwest Airlines fly from the U.S. to Thunder Bay, Ontario. Several world-wide vehicle rental companies are located in this city of 114,000. Check with your local travel agent to arrange both services for you.
All of our cabins are modern and fully equipped for housekeeping. They have automatic heat and electricity. Each unit has one and two bedrooms with accommodations for four to six people. We have one group cabin that accommodates 14 people. Pillows, cases, and fitted sheets are provided, but you’ll need to bring your own sleeping bag or blankets. Kitchens have stove-top cooking (no ovens) and cleaning facilities, refrigerators, and contain all cooking utensils; pots, pans, dishes, and silverware. Please bring any electrical appliances that you enjoy using such as a microwave, crock pot or electric skillet, etc. The cabins have shower-equipped, 3-piece bathrooms. Toiletries and towels are not furnished.
- Call of the North is a fully licensed outfitter.
- Licenses are required and are not included in the price of our hunts.
- Bear — $300.00*
- Moose — $525.00*
- Grouse/Small Game — $130.00*
- Fishing (7 day) — $35.00 to $65.00*
- All hunters must provide a prior hunting license of any type in order to be issued a Canadian hunting license at all. The hunting license can be from any place and any year. There are several licensing depots on the way to our resort and one is located 15 miles east of us (see below). You may also obtain your fishing license at these depots. You may buy your Outdoor Card and License online at: https://www.on.wildlifelicense.com/start.php
Closest licensing depot to Call of the North is:
– Dan’s General Store, Hwy. 11, Geraldton, Ontario
* License fees are subject to change.